Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] Chungho@zongazonga.zip is offline

Default Toshiba 27A10 TV [Followup]

Next time this fails, I'll follow your detailed tips.
BTY, what is the meaning/origin of "video jungle" chip?

The Video Jungle chip is the large chip on the board that
accepts the video signal from the tuner (Post I-F). Depending on the
particular chip you have in your set, it's responsible for
Sync Separation (Vertical and Horizontal) , RGB separation and some
VJ chips (Pre I-F) output the composite audio that would then go to the
audio amp or into a stereo demodulator/SAP seperator. The chip also
accepts the video controls like Brightness, Contrast, Color, Hue...
either via POTs (older sets) or microprocessor control. Sometimes, you
can find this chip on the board by following the wire bundle from
the CRT driver card that plugs into the picture tube.

If you were to see even the block diagram of this type of chip, you'd
see that the term "Jungle" would fit nicely.. It's an assortment of
amps, buffers, error correction, demodulation, Filters...etc..

This is an example of a Sony VJ Chip Data sheet at the
following url (Plus or Minus of few pins). Toshiba may be
different. You might find the data sheet for your particular
chip at the site as well. I would recommend to lookup all of the chips in your
set them. I didn't have any Toshiba boards to give Toshiba examples... but this
should help:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...CXA1871S.shtml

Given the description of your problem.. unless it's been fixed already,
you'll definitely have the problem again be it the cap or resistor.
One other recommendation... If it's the cap and it's an 85degree cap, I'd
say replace it with a 105degree cap... My customers have always been happy
with that choice...

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final