Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Magnetic scale inhibitors - do they work?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:03:30 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The only evidence I have seen of any scientific nature suggest that they
may JUST stop scale forming in the immediate vicinity, but it will
happen somewhere else for sure.

Indeed, but the odd thing was that this _seemed_[1] to have stopped scale
precipitating out in the HW cylinder as well.

[1] my observation: magnetic gizmo fitted to pipe, no evidence of pukka
scale inhibitor, no scale in tank or cylinder.

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down