Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default How to deal with a redundant cable?

dmc wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

An insulated crimp with the facility to have two conductors in one end and
one in the other would seem to me like a good idea, but I don't think they
exist. I wonder why? It would make a lot of jobs easier & safer TMM.

Wirenuts!

I'll get my coat...

Darren

When I first saw wirenuts mentioned here, several years ago, I was
reminded of having seen them way back. At the time I though that all
they did was protect a) people from sharp wire ends and b) wire ends
from plaster, plus giving a touch of protection in case someone
accidentally made a newly installed wire live. So they were really
strictly temporary.

Totally amazed when the stories about them started to be posted.

--
Rod

onset.