Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default The Amazing MultiMaster! As seen on TV! Anyone have anyexperience w/one?

On Oct 18, 8:33*pm, Boden wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Out of sheer boredom the other night, I found myself actually watching
one of those informercials on late-night TV. But this one actually
seemed to be for a product worth having.

It was for the Fein MultiMaster, a vibrating cutting tool that seemed to
be suitable for just about any cutting, grinding, sanding, abrading or
other similar job. They showed it stripping thinset off tiles, carpet
off flooring, cutting door trim right up to the wall without disturbing
it and other amazing stuff.

(Website:
https://www.4multimaster.com/vcc/fei...imaster/190821)

So I was wondering if anyone actually has used this tool. The annoying
thing was that they never gave the price of the tool on the show; the
web site shows it to be about $400, which is pretty steep. But if it
does all the stuff they showed it doing, it might could be worth it.

I have bought a couple other things I've seen advertised by Billy
Mays-like barkers at county fairs and such, and they've all performed as
advertised.

I've had one for about 10 years. *It's a fabulous tool, particularly in
tight spaces. *Better prices can be found if you shop around. *Coastal
Tool in Connecticut is one pace.

Boden

It's a fabulous tool,.........yup

particularly in tight spaces......yup

Better prices can be found if you shop around..........yup

Coastal Tool is a great place to buy accessories & blades.......the
10pk (though spendy) of the wood/metal cutting blade is a great values
since you can go though those blades pretty quickly. Three packs at
the local tool supply are nearly $80.

Keeping a soaking wet rag handy to cool the blade frequently, allowing
the blade to overheat / burn will drastically reduce its life.

The wood / metal blades are great for wood or drywall but plaster or
stucco will destroy them in short order

The blades with the grit bonded to the rim are great for plunge
cutting into real plaster. I use them to cut holes in plaster walls
for electrical receptacle boxes. It is possible to cut holes "net"
such that boxes fit perfectly & switch plates cover them easily.

I'm lucky that my neighbor has one......I just have to buy blades.

cheers
Bob