Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism,soc.retirement
olddog olddog is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Douglas Johnson wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

Obama
will raise taxes. Any candidate who says any taxes will be raised for
anybody for any reason at any time will never get my vote.

So will McCain. He just isn't saying so. Somebody has got to pay
for the deficit. It's either you and me or our grandchildren. --

Name the last Republican president to advocate raising taxes. Don't bother
to look it up - it was Herbert Hoover.

First, the deficit is nowhere near its historical high. Second, a deficit,
like any other debt, can be paid by increased revenues. When taxes are
lowered, federal revenues increase. When the economy expands, federal
revenues are increased.

Now liberals believe that the amount of wealth is fixed, it just needs to
be redistributed in the name of fairness. This theory expands to the
belief that unless taxes are increased, the deficit will not go down.

Conservatives understand that wealth can be increased and that when it is,
part of the increase can be used to pay down the deficit.

But they don't make it work!

To pay down the deficit the budget has to be balanced.

Sure the Republicans think they can stir the economy up by lowering taxes
but then they fail to do the budget cuts necessary to achieve a balanced
budget. Look back to Reagan. Star Wars blew our budget. now Dubya with his
war and the bail out.

Republicans talk-the-talk but they don't walk-the-walk. That's why I want a
change and Obama says he'll go through the budget and eliminate wasteful
spending. It's just like I tell my wife. It's not what you make; it's what
you spend!

Fine, lower taxes, but don't increase federal spending. Make damn sure what
is being spent is benefiting us and not some pet project of the presidents.

olddog

There are only two types of republicans: millionaires and fools.