Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Infocus X2 image projector , 2004

N_Cook wrote in message
Been asked to repair this , if possible, unlikely, but I will at least

look.
DLP type.
Never looked in a projection TV before, currently red LED falshing ,
supposed to indicate blown bulb. No light at all on switch on .
Prior to that , not seen by me , only reported, there was a slightly
diagonal shadow across the very right hand edge of the screen, but still
being used like that.
Only 2 wires to the bulb , is it filament type ? if so open circuit, but

no
obvious blackening or anything.
The whole inside is covered in dust, including a very dusty reflector on

the
bulb. Would it be safe to blow out the dust, from the whole iside of the
casing, with a 1KW blower or is there anything like the rotating filters
likely to be dislodged or damaged.?

Looks as though the shadow is a stock fault due to something coming adrift
inside the light guide from the rotating colour wheel.
Can't find details about the bulb though

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England