Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default K-type v-belts

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:35:34 -0700, "Michael Koblic"
wrote:

I have two pieces of gear that contain v-belts, one designated K-31 the
other K-27. They are 1/2" deep and 5/16 wide (although with minor
variations - about 0.01" - they are different ages).

I cannot find any reference in any of the manufacturers' or dealers' web
pages to a K-series.

Google is no help - the only relevant reference was a question on another
forum with a bunch of singularly unhelpful answers (such as "Google it!")

Anybody has a clue? The nearest match I found was an "M" section belt but
they seem rare as hen's teeth.

M section is now called Z section (at least in the UK). 5/16" wide, can't
remember the depth.

Regards
Mark Rand
RTFM