Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default OT- Why do front brakes wear out faster than rears?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:47:37 -0700, the infamous Jim Stewart
scrawled the following:

Most cars have two independent systems,
right front/left rear and left front/right rear.

Are you nuts, Jim? That would put a car in a spin in seconds flat if
one reservoir were dry. I believe that all the cars I ever worked on
up through the 90s had separate circuits for front and rear. I see no
reason they'd change that. It's a real safety issue.

If you know of crossed systems, please post a link. I gotta see this.

No. He's right. At least the SAAB s were the first ones with the
diagonal braking system in the Late 50s or early 60s, I believe.
At that time I was driving a SAAB 850 GT and so was following
the foreign car "developments" quite closely.
...lew...