Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bobski the builder - ch4

On Oct 17, 1:38*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
* wrote:

yes - I expect brushing it with acid would improve it a lot. Not going
to get rid of the finger marks but would strip the cement off the
stone faces, and greatly improve the appearance and uniformity.

I reckon they mixed the whole lot together rather than putting on a mortar
coat then throwing the pebbles at it.

nowt wrong with that, then rinsing it to expose the stone. Gives
better bonding actually. What puzzled me most is they had some areas
that looked ok, and some weren't. How did they manage exposed stone on
some of it and cemented over in other areas?

NT