hex

Default Dryer to Standard 220 Extension Cord

"Wilson Lamb" wrote in message nk.net...

Obviously, you shouldn't get into any hookups unless you know what you are
doing. Get a qualified pal to help if necessary. I worked on a TS the
other day. Someone had used a 240V plug, but it was wired to make the case
of the saw 120V above ground!! Hopefully the previous owner had miswired
their outlet to match. The scary part is that the TS was in a school shop!

That reminds me of visiting the shop that belonged to the brother of a
friend of mine. He had a rule: never plug white painted plugs into
red sockets or vice versa --- see they were all 110V connectors but
the red ones were wired 220V. He was very impressed that he a) saved
all that money avoid spendy 220 plugs and b) could use regular old
110V extension cords anywhere. Well you can guess where this is going
..... he plugs in two cords (one 110, one 220) and they are both orange
and indistinguishable on the other end........
Some years later the building burned down and nobody knew quite why.

hex
-30-