Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Repair gouge on wooden table edge

"Kevin" wrote in message
stuart noble wrote:
Phil L wrote:
Dave Farrance wrote:
Hi. I've got a wooden table that's about 20 years old and is in
reasonably good condition except for a gouge about 1 cm across on one
edge (top left of image).

http://i36.tinypic.com/ek1clu.jpg

Can anybody recommend a DIY product that'd do a reasonable repair?

Get some woodfiller, it comes in different colours and pine is available
everywhere.
It blends in quite nicely once set and sanded down....you may have to
sand the entire table down and give it all a coat of clear varnish, my
guess is that it would come up like new.

I'd use a Liberon Wax stick. Easy to just rub it across the damaged area
and, unlike some fillers, you know in advance how good a colour match
it'll be

will wax work in a dent?? I can understand a scratch being filled with it

--
Kevin R
Reply address works

Can't you plane the edge down a bit and re-form the radius. Then sand the
whole table and give it some sort of varnishing. It looks like solid wood
and that it would cope.