Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default Shafts and bearings

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Oct 17, 1:58 pm, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
"Wild_Bill" wrote in message

Actually, I do not think they are. Looking at it closely the 5/8 to 1/2
shoulder occurs at the bearing and the inner race seems to be 5/8".

Most ball bearings come in metric sizes. What is the number on the
bearing?

6202Z Asahi Japan

A 6202Z bearing is a common metric deep groove ball bearing with a metal
shield on one side. ( the Z indicates a shield on one side and a ZZ after
the number indicates shields on both sides . An R indicates a polymer seal
and RR indicates sealed both sides)
It has an I.D.of 15 millimetres,an O.D. of 32 millimetres and a thickness of
9 millimetres. It should be readily available at any reasonably good
industrial supplier