Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default NU - NU.jpg

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:55:14 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:22:08 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

JF

Wanna see my PCB 386+ v1.00 DOS (OrCAD) ?:-)

(I don't have any of my 5-1/4" disk sets anymore... copied them all
over to CD's :-)

...Jim Thompson

We used Autocad on 286s. We plotted at 4x and then had photos taken.

Then came the real PC CAD packages for PCB layout. There has been a lot
since '86 though. The selections are numerous, the complexity diverse.

The stuff on my PC now as far as legacy goes is TangoPCB. It prints to
HP laser printers and is the best damned little layout package for sub 4
layer work you can get. Quick and dirty (quite clean actually).

Sure, it will do more than that, but at that point the better, newer
packages are the right tool. For little two sided or simple SMT stuff
though, it is pretty damn good. It easily does 0402 form factor stuff.