Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
RLM wrote in
:

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:26:46 -0500, Andy Asberry wrote:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:35:34 GMT, "retired54" wrote:

He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which
means he's not a plumber."

olddog

How do you get the experience to pass the plumbers test if you are
not allowed to do plumbing work to get the experience to pass the
plumbers test if.....

Carry a lot of pipe, pipe fittings, pick up tools, and more tools.
Years of go-fer work. Purchase your own tools of the trade. Tradesmen
don't lend tools. Next time he needs it, it's not there. Takes time to
hunt lazy ass helpers to get tools returned. You have possibly heard
time ='s money.

All we know is he works for a plumbing company. He may be the
warehouse man or a ditch digger.

Ditch digging is the foremost at teaching the plumbing trade. Breaking
out clogged pipes and cleaning up "waste" is also helpful and builds
character. Tests your ability to follow orders. Clean up after
yourself when you have to, also helps.

Not meant to be easy or everyone would want to be one.

I'm glad I didn't personally chose this occupation but know those that
did. They are not rich by mine or their standards but proud of what
they do. They are within Obama's criteria for tax breaks though.

So much for "Joe the labourer".

you seem to miss the part where Joe said he planned to BUY a business
earning more than Obama's $250K limit,NOT that he currently earned $250K or
more.

But the business is really only good for half that at best. Even if it wern't,
which is way more common, the tax increase would be miniscule. And that $250K
would have to be net profit.