Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Phil Again Phil Again is offline

Default Recommendations for newsgroups access or woodworking sites

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:27:47 -0700, Bob Abbott wrote:

I have read and posted on rec.woodworking and
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking (and other groups)for about 10 years.
These groups have been very helpful for the hobbiest woodworker to see
other peoples work, to post my work, and to ask questions regarding
techniques, etc. Unfortunately Comcast is now ending it's access to
newsgroups in a week or so, so I am looking for help regarding my
that provide similar postings of technical questions and posting of
project pictures? I looked on line but haven't found anything
equivalent. 2. Any recommendations regarding free or very cheap access
to newsgroups?

Quick replys are appreciated as I will be cut off soon.

Thanks, I hate to give up on breadth of information available on these
sites.
Bob
--

http://www.sawmillcreek.org (note the dot 'org')

the forum hosted by publisher of WoodSmith magazine:
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

the publisher of Fine Woodworking (Taunton Press) has a forum I followed
a few years ago, a few like that forum. Not my cup of coffee.
You have to wander around the Fine Woodworking pages, and look for
community and then click on Knots. Registration seems mandatory.

There are others, don't forget to search within MSN groups.