Posted to alt.home.repair
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:35:34 GMT, "retired54" wrote:

He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means
he's
not a plumber."

olddog

How do you get the experience to pass the plumbers test if you are not
allowed to do plumbing work to get the experience to pass the plumbers
test if.....

Well...nurses and doctors go to school and do an internship...etc, etc, etc,

I went to business school and got a BBA. When I went to work in an
accounting department I didn't magically become an "accoutant". I'd have to
of majored in accounting to get that right. I could tell people I was an
"accountant" but that would be fraud. Fraud is like porn; you know it when
you see it.

All we know is he works for a plumbing company. He may be the
warehouse man or a ditch digger.

Which very well be the case, but he lied and said he was a plumber.

Personally I think it's a lie and so does the Association of Plumbers,
Steamfitters and Service Mechanics

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCan...39355520081016

olddog