Posted to comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
BobH[_2_] BobH[_2_] is offline

Default Help identifying motor leads.

There are absolutely no numbers or any other markings on this motor
besides a warning about it being hot. But from what I have been able to
scrounge up on the web. It seems that this motor was manufactured by
Magnetek and is rated at 24v. Stall current is 20. The lead wires are
only 16 AWG, so at stall, even the high temp wires would melt...the
wires are rated at 200c.

I have a pair of these motors that I bought for a medium sized bot. They
proved not up to the job and were replaced with wheel chair motors. I
think that they were made for elevator or subway door operation, several
ads I saw a while ago indicated this. 5 years ago, they were bringing
$70 each, now I think they are about $20 each.

I am in the process of building an antenna rotator with the pair right
now. I am planning on running the field windings on a constant 12V and
PWM'ing the armature for control. I don't need a lot of torque, so I
will try 12V for the initial input power.

Good Luck,
Bob