Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Abbott Bob Abbott is offline

Default Recommendations for newsgroups access or woodworking sites

Thanks Tom,
I think Phil also mentioned this. I checked it out and it seems to have
some good stuff.
Bob
"Tom Veatch" wrote in message
Mentioned in another post; not a "newsgroup" per se, but a web based
moderated forum you access through your web browser. No special
newsreader software necessary.

www.sawmillcreek.org

It's moderated so you don't get all the political raving or the ad
hominem attacks that seem to be all some folks want or know how to do.
There are a few rules that you have to respect (eschew political rants
and raves is one) to retain membership, but unless you are addicted to
posting ravings such a mentioned above, they are not a heavy burden
and make for a congenial environment. A "family" place, the infantile
"You stupid ****" behavior isn't tolerated.

Guests can read messages, but registration and membership is required
to post messages. There are two levels of membership. "Member" is free
and allows reading and posting to all the public forums. "Contributor"
requires a small annual contribution and opens access to a couple of
"contributor-only" forums along with a few other "contributor-only"
options. The hosting organization suggest an annual contribution of
$6.00.

If you want to read about woodworking related topics without having to
wade through off-topic politics, trolling, wris****ch advertisements,
pornography, .etc, I can recommend Sawmill Creek.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA