Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default japlac

"AlanG" wrote in message
ransley wrote:

On Oct 16, 11:48 am, Stephen
wrote:
Hello,

In my search for non-yellowing white paint, I stumbled across
"japlac" on the international paints' web site. It doesn't say
much, except that it's a high gloss finish suitable for wood (and
other materials) inside and out. What exactly is it? I it more
hard-wearing than gloss and does it yellow? If so, does it yellow
faster or slower than "normal" gloss? I did spent 'phone the
International help line but they didn't seem to know any more than
me ;(

Thanks,
Stephen.

Years ago maybe 20 I painted trim in one room with 2 of the most
expensive paints made, both white, I forget why I used 2 brands, both
were stated not to yellow, one has badly. So nobody can say about
craplac, use a known name brand.

Japlac is a brand of enamel paint that has been on the market since at
least 1954. I have no idea how well the white will stand yellowing as I
have only used coloured on indoor applications. The colour seems to
last well.

I think I still have a tin somewhe it came with a yellow Viva: long
departed.