Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Futher to the neighbours gutter and a question?

"Phil L" wrote in message
om...
tony sayer wrote:

Beg to differ guv, as I see it their there to collect the water of the
roof and carry it away not to store it. If they do then someone's got
the angles of downtilt cocked up;!..

Water doesn't run uphill..

And the sandstone slabs are running the wrong way - hardly the fault of
the person who re-lines them with lead.

What most people here are asking for is ridiculous...it would involve a
full scaffold (£600), removal of sandstone blocks, (heavy lifting gear
req - another £100ish), strip back bottom part of roof, relay sandstone
slabs on top of wall, provided no brickwork moves, patch up inside house,
as oten these blocks are simply plastered over at the top of each inside
wall (£200), plus labour etc and you are looking at a good few grand to
put it exactly how it should be.
Considering the dopey neighbour has been living with a leaky gutter for
christ knows how long, it's highly unlikely that she will pay thousands of
pounds to have this half pint of water removed from her gutters, which
work perfectly BTW.

And it probably did work perfectly until the subsidence which has caused
the guters to run in the opposite direction.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Philip let me make it clear to you...
The rainwater is flowing in the correct direction ie towards my gutter,at
the end of my gutter is the downspout.
putting another downspout inbetween us is not an option basically because we
cannot due to the nature our doorways are adjacent to each other and will
look stupid anyway even if we could put one there.

The problem is the joint, its too thick and blocks the excess water it
leaves up there.
I think it'll get worse when the gutter starts aquiring moss,grass,silt and
I'm thinking the rainwater will start ****ing over the edge in heavy
rainfall?.