Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default DIY can be MORE expensive than pro...

Less destructive and costly:

Normally I have my driveway sealed professionally every year for about
$65. I'd had it done two years in a row, and it looked really good
when the sealers came around last spring, so I said bag it.

Well, last week I looked at the driveway and it really needed sealing.
If I didn't the driveway would be rubble by spring with all the wet
and freezing and thawing that goes on around here.

All the pros have moved south by now, so I went to Lowe's and got the
supplies to do it myself. A cheap brush and 5 pails of the cheapest
driveway tar they had: $105.