Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

willshak wrote in
:

on 10/16/2008 8:30 PM alarman said the following:
wrote:

'Joe the plumber' isn't licensed

In CA, tradespeople who work for a company are not licensed. The
licence is issued to the contractor, (the boss, owner, partnership,
LLC, or corporation that runs the business. Most plumbers are
employees of contractors. I think is works the same way in OH.

In the NY county I live in, employees of plumbing contractors are not
required to be licensed and can work throughout the county on the
contractor's license, except in the major cities.
In the NY county I used to live in (which is the abutting county), all
employees must be individually licensed.
Furthermore, in that other county, homeowners wishing to do their own
work must get a temporary license.
In all cases here and in the other county, all work must be inspected
by the county building inspectors.
Just pointing out that some counties may have more stringent, or
relaxed, rules than other other counties within the same state.

many of the leftists also missed the part about Joe The Plumber -
considering- buying a company making $250K/yr,instead believing Joe said
he -made- $250K per year,and then claimed he's a liar.

No wonder they're for Obama the communist. "spread the wealth" by taking
from you and giving it to those they like; =communism.

check out Obama's Global Poverty Initiative;same thing,except he's giving
our money(2%+ of US-GNP!!) to the UN for THEM to dole out to their
folk.(along with siphoning some off for themselves...)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik