Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Garage door trouble

On Oct 17, 9:00*am, engwar wrote:
Our garage door goes down but then goes back up again. I know how to
adjust the down force and seem to have to do that regularly.

Now even that doesn't seem to help.

One other clue about the door. When it gets about half-way down it is
no longer moving smoothly but jerks, jerks, jerks it's way down.

Any suggestions?

Detach door from opener with the quick release [if you have one]
opening and closing should require equal force and not bind, or have
the spring adjusted, lube everything with oil, On my opener is force
and travel adjustment, 2 seperate adjustments. Springs above the door
need a pro to adjust, they are dangerous.