Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Futher to the neighbours gutter and a question?

In article , The Natural
Philosopher scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In article , George
scribeth thus
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Oct 15, 10:58 pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
George wrote:
Would this amount of rainwater be accetable to you? pic 'b' is the
ridge join between two gutters.
www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/a.jpg
www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/b.jpg
www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/c.jpg
Don't know about acceptable (to whom?) but that amount of water
certainly
isn't unusual in the gutters I see on a regular basis.

IME gutters rarely have the correct fall on them and usually have a flat
length where water collects.
Agreed inprinciple, but surely it's not acceptable for the tiles to be
sitting in the standing water, as they clearly are in this case.

MBQ

Didnt look like it to me. Looked like they were simply wet at the base
after running off the water, much as the base of a sheet on the line is
always the last bit to dry.

Look again they're clearly getting wet from the water left behind and
wouldn't this cause the roof trusses to rot?

If I had paid someone to do that I'd have them back sharpish.

Gutters are to get RID of water, not store it thats the rainwater butt's
job!....

Gutters are to stop the roof water runoff cascading down the walls.
I had a long discussion with my BCO in this..

What they do with it, is not relevant to their primary function.

Beg to differ guv, as I see it their there to collect the water of the
roof and carry it away not to store it. If they do then someone's got
the angles of downtilt cocked up;!..

Water doesn't run uphill..
--
Tony Sayer