Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.design,alt.guitar.amps

Default Marshall Guitar Amp Transistors overheating - help

Phil Allison wrote:
"The Natural ****** "

I reverse engineered a couple of marshals. Triumph of overrunning
components and cost reduction over correct design.

The marshal 100W valve is based on an overrun Mullard 50W design,

** Nonsense.

The first Marshalls were clones of the Fender Bassman of 1959, the 5F6-A
schematic.

Subsequent models all followed a very similar pattern.

Well just look at the Mullard 50W circuit with 4xEL34 and compare and
contrast.

American tube amps were all based on different valves entirely..beam
tetrodes mainly, not pentodes.

Pus a preamp that closely follows the mullard design,

** Pus is right.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Marshall sound and Ive got one.

** ROTFL ....

.... Phil