Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bobski the builder - ch4

On Oct 17, 11:34*am, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember sm_jamieson
saying something like:

Anyone see bobski the builder last night on ch4 ?
The pebble dashing was shocking from the British builder,

yes - I expect brushing it with acid would improve it a lot. Not going
to get rid of the finger marks but would strip the cement off the
stone faces, and greatly improve the appearance and uniformity.

but I was
wondering what was supposed to be wrong with the floor in the Polish
build - they said he used the wrong type of insulation ? Any guesses ?

Perhaps he used something soft/fleecy like fibreglass, no support. Or
maybe the crete was too thin.

Simon.

I've seen this before - apart from it being the usual media commentator
mis-understanding ******** - it was likely he'd not buried the CH pipes
enough and the screed was cracked. A minor thing, easily put right, but
hear the husband, Mark, go on, you'd think the end of the world had
come.
I was impressed by the Polish bloke's work and the amount of give and
take (mostly give on his part) he was prepared to live with. The young
couple were a right pair of arses, but I suspect the woman would have
been easier to deal with on her own if that arsehole Mark hadn't been
there - he was just a plank.
I was glad the sparky saw the quality of the work and gave the Poles his
extension to do - so, not in vain after all.

Seems the couple were right in that they had agreed on the deal re
extra costs, but wasnt he nice about it! If the deal with extras was
put in writing it there would be a lot less room for argument. Jarek
had only himself to blame for his pricing, but man what an attittude
they had.

The idea of pitting one pole against one brit and pretending they
would represent their entire country was a joke, but even so it wasnt
hard to guess who would do a fair job and who wouldnt. I much prefer
working with foreigners, the british attitude to work is generally
atrocious.

As for the British builder - what a ****ing cowboy.

typical brit, little interest in work.

NT