Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default bobski the builder - ch4

On 17 Oct, 09:30, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
sm_jamieson wrote:

Anyone see bobski the builder last night on ch4 ?

Yes.

The pebble dashing was shocking from the British builder, but I was
wondering what was supposed to be wrong with the floor in the Polish
build - they said he used the wrong type of insulation ? Any guesses ?
Simon.

I'd guess they used ordinary foam insulation with too small a thickness of
concrete on top so it broke up.

I thought the whole prog carefully staged to make a point. So nothing
different from any other TV prog of this type.

Quite so. But the Brit builder seemed to think he had done a good job.
He said he was a bricklayer, not a builder, so its not surprising the
finishes were poor. You could see hand prints in the pebble dashing /
render. Looks like it was not sticking and they tried to push it on
with their hands !
I don't think he'll get much work after the programme.

The polish trowel with the handle above the blade looked interesting.
I wanted to see him using it.

Simon.