Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10312 Ignoramus10312 is offline

Default Obama again wins "debate"

Rex, I think that we all agree on the values of free markets, personal
freedoms, self reliance and the like. But devil is in details. Almost
all of us are getting taxed. I am a "small business owner" and have a
corporation. I also have a day job in addition and some
investments. Much more than the amount of taxes, I hate the amount of
paperwork. (even though I use services of a good accountant).

In any case, since are all are taxed, the question is how much should
we be taxed and how exactly it should be distributed amongst us to
maximize the "good of society". And the trouble is that everyone has
their own idea what is the good of society.

I voted for Bush (the first time). I am livid at the outcome. I feel
completely cheated by his hints at fiscal responsibility, not wanting
to start wars etc. I am very mad for the war in Iraq.

I think that the Republicans totally blew it, they basically performed
an economic miracle and transformed a thriving country with budget
surpluses, good foreign relations, etc, into almost a smoldering
mess. Incredible budget profligacy, started two wars, etc.

I also think that McCain is mentally unstable, corrupt, and besides
that is also a hypocrite and is not someone I would trust to hold my
wallet for 5 minutes.

I have not seen (and I looked) Obama implicated in anything very
distasteful and I think, as of now, that he would make a much better
president. But my record of predicting how good a president will be,
is not great.