Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Foundation - Piling suspended above base by 1"

I'm wondering just how much I want to lift the beam running above that
piling before slipping in a board. ...

Start by figuring out how low it is compared to level.

Generally, you can figure on a half-inch on a lift if it's that far out
w/o much problem. Much more than that at a time will probably start to
pop sheetrock/plaster, move window frames, etc.

But, if it's settled that much previously, you should also see signs of
that in window casings are out of square, etc., too. If so, you'll
begin to square them back up as well.

I'd go w/ the amount to get the door swinging freely at the initial and
judge from there.

On the additional support--it's got to have settled for a reason.