Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kurt kurt is offline

Default Looking for service manual & schematics for Pioneer VSX-454

On Oct 16, 4:20*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"kurt" wrote in message

Rear speaker channels have no output so I thought I'd take a shot as
fixing them as everything else works. *Anybody have a pointer to some
scans of of the service manual and / or schematics?

Thanks,

Kurt

Is this a model with a 5.1 direct input facility at the back ? If so, first
move is usually to switch to that set of inputs, and see if the rear
channels have output when you stick a signal into the rear L and R inputs..
That at least tells you if the problem is with the output stages, or preamps
/ decoding.

Arfa

Thanks for the follow up. i do not think that it has the 5.1 direct
input. I put it into the test mode where it sends white noise to each
individual speaker sequentially. All worked except the rear pair.

--Kurt