Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default JT33

Michael Koblic wrote:
Let' say that you have a spindle with a JT33 *male* taper. It will take a
chuck (duh!)

What if you want to use it to hold an end mill - are there attachments that
would do that (the spindle is *not * hollow so drawbars etc are out)? What
about other attachments - could you, for instance, make it to take a pulley?

I have seen one person who drilled and bored a hole in the spindle to mount
6 mm end-mills but that seems like cheating :-)

It seems to me that anything not held on by a drawbar or other means is
going to get ripped off the spindle while milling but I do not know enough
about this to say with any certainty.

As a guess, I'd say any spindle that dosent have a through
hole isn't intended to take a milling cutter. Are we back to
"milling on a drillpress" again????
...lew...