Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Makita TD020DSE

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Steven Campbell wrote:
I know these were mentioned a while back about being the driver of
choice for quite a few on here so have decided to get myself one.
Best price I can see is �46 delivered from a company on the net.
Does that sound reasonable or are there better products / offers out
there?

Excellent bit of kit. I think I paid about �36 for mine & others here found
them a little cheaper.

Having got the hang of my Makita TD020DSE, I really like it.

Now what I want is a very similar device €“ ideally the same battery and
charger, very similar look, but simply a drill. Just something that is
as light and convenient as the driver but specifically meant for pilot
holes and similar. Nice fast spin speed. It would be fine if it only
took hex drills.

Ive got my good old Bosch cordless drill €“ but that is much heavier,
less able to get into awkward spaces, and not exactly the fastest
spinning drill I have ever used. But having a pilot drill machine would
reduce bit switching considerably.

Do you think Makita might pull one of those out of their hat sometime?

--
Rod

onset.