Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Concrete topping - tough and rigid?

wrote:
On Oct 15, 8:12�pm, wrote:
I have a section of concrete floor (1-1/2" thick x 60 square feet)
that is fragmented and deflects slightly when I walk on it because the
5/8" plywood subfloor was inadequately fastened to the joists.
To stabilize the concrete, I'm thinking about applying a topping on
it, ideally no more than 3/8" but thicker if necessary.
Can anyone recommend a topping that's trowleable, thin,
crack-resistant/crack-proof and rigid enough to resist deflection from
foot traffic?
Thanks...

rip out existing and replace. anything else will fail probably sooner
rather than later.

so why do you have a concrete floor over plywood?

Probably firebreak. Pretty common in cheap apartment buildings.

--
aem sends...