Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Concrete topping - tough and rigid?

wrote:
I have a section of concrete floor (1-1/2" thick x 60 square feet)
that is fragmented and deflects slightly when I walk on it because the
5/8" plywood subfloor was inadequately fastened to the joists.
To stabilize the concrete, I'm thinking about applying a topping on
it, ideally no more than 3/8" but thicker if necessary.
Can anyone recommend a topping that's trowleable, thin,
crack-resistant/crack-proof and rigid enough to resist deflection from
foot traffic?

Sure, it's called pure unobtainium...

Actually, probably about the only thing that would do the trick given
those underlying specifications would be 3/8" steel plate.