Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Futher to the neighbours gutter and a question?

George wrote:
If rainwater is being held back due to the join causing a ridge,is it
acceptable for rainwater to stay there to the extent whats left
behind is touching the end of the tiles?

My belief is the whole purpose of a gutter is to catch rainwater and
disperse it via the nearest downspout ie no water should be left
behind providing the gutter is clear of debris or moss.

She's getting her relative on the case but I would like to know whats
acceptable and what isn't? roofers are saying its acceptable.

Cheers

Water will hold in all gutters, whether they are made of brand new plastic
and set at the correct downwards angle, or made of sandstone and dead level,
either way, the fact that it's holding water is immaterial - it must have
been holding water since it was built, given that they have merely lined it
with lead.

As far as your (long) story about the piece of bitumen over the joint is
concerned, the new roofers have done it correctly - the bitumen was a bodge.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008