Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loose front door knob

Gluing it on will work, until you need to get the lock apart. Depending on
the application, some aftermarket door knobs are available.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Artful Dodger" wrote in message
The inside knob on my front door will not "bite" into the opposing
thread. Result: the knob comes loose and people have a lot of trouble
opening the door from inside.

I don't want to redo the whole installation because the outside is a
beautiful old fixture. What would happen if I glued the rod or shaft
(or whatever it's called) from the inside into the opposing thread?

TIA