Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil Again Phil Again is offline

Default Seeking information about my bench vise.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 03:32:54 -0700, wrote:

I have a bench vise that I really like and am hoping to be able to find
another one of the same type:-

It has initials on the side but I have no idea what they stand for:-

Just a wild donkey guess here----

It looks like a backward "F", a "P", and a "U" at the bottom. My
thinking was a company called something like:
United Forged Products
Unionville Forged Products
Forged Products Of USA
Underwood Forged Products
Forged Products of insert city here
I tried a couple of others, but no luck.

Tired a trademark search for UFP, FUP, and FPU, but no hits like your
marks.

BTW: my cheap bench vice is a casting, and if yours is a forged vice, the
vice should be a lot better. The forge hammer does make a difference,
but more expensive. The Photos showed a well made vice.