Posted to alt.radio.digital,sci.electronics.repair,uk.people.consumers,24hoursupport.helpdesk
john d hamilton john d hamilton is offline

Default new DAB pocket radio story

Many thanks to all. After learning for the first time about DAB+ in this
group, I again rang Phillips to ask if this DA1103/5 would receive DAB+ when
it came out. I was told that it would *not* receive it and that DAB+ and
anyway would not be broadcast for another two years. The question I have
to ask myself now is whether it's worth paying nearly twice as much for the
pure 1500 pocket DAB radio? I email the Pure helpline to ask them is their
Pure 1500 set would pick up the forthcoming DAB+, but they have not
replied.

So which I'm wondering is the best pocket DAB radio to go for, either of the
above or another one entirely ? Grateful for any further suggestions.