Posted to uk.d-i-y
~misfit~ ~misfit~ is offline

Default Non-metallic hot water cylinders

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Matty F" typed:
On Oct 15, 9:10 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

Builders nearby have had their supply wire stolen and the wiring
chopped out of an unfinished house. I've installed video cameras for
them and have caught two vehicles parked outside in the last week
with the occupants snooping around. Now that lots of copper
downpipes are on the house, I give it less than a week before they
are stolen. I'm off to install sensor lights there right now. Isn't
it odd that people don't believe the video surveillance warning
signs.

"Copper" downpipes? I read thieves lifted disused rail lines - a
lot of steel in them. That takes heavy lifting and a big truck. No
doubt professionals.

Sites use plastic pipes on new builds, just because thieves don't
touch it.

The house has a copper roof too.
Few people dare to stop outside here at night. The neighbourhood watch
photographs everybody who does, with infrared video cameras.
I've just arrived home and seen the recording of the builder next door
caught by my new sensor lights. I can even see that he is saying a
word beginning with "F"!

Hehee! Good luck. A copper roof huh? What an ostentatious display of wealth!
;-)
--
Shaun.