Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fancy a screw?

On Oct 14, 11:20*pm, Frank Erskine
wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:40:05 +0100, Rod
wrote:

The other day I dropped a brass screw from an electical fitting (wire
clamping screw from a scoket). Fell near a screwdriver. And moved
towards it. Realised the magnetised screwdriver was attracting it. Must
be steel with a brass finish of some sort.

Kind of surprising I've never seen woodscrews which are similarly
constructed. Anyone seen such things?

A lot of those little packets of screws you used to get from hardware
shops in the 70s were like that, and usually marked as "brassed"
screws.

Theres still a lot of 'brassed' stuff about. Its cheap, but rusts
quickly, even indoors.

NT