Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Steve[_22_] Steve[_22_] is offline

Default Instruments finished with KTM-9 Waterborne Lacquer

Yup, with a brush. It seems to be designed for that, and it works quite
well. Gotta be careful about runs, but other than that, no issues. I've
done several solid body instruments that way as well.

I sent a response to your private email - but I haven't heard back from you.
Any thoughts?

--Steve in Roseville

"D O'Heare" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
est...
Pictures of the instruments I mentioned in a post on rec.woodworking.

The picture named "N7_4_Coats_of_KTM9_01.JPG" shows what the body of an
acoustic guitar looked like after the application of 4 coats of KTM-9
using a 1-inch foam brush. I gave it a total of 8 coats before
level-sanding and polishing the body. I wiped down the body with
Isopropyl alcohol between coats to assist with the burning in of each
coat to the previous one.

--Steve in Roseville

Gorgeous work, as usual, Steve. But dang, done with a *brush*?!?!?
Wow...

I've got an idea for an instrument, I'll follow up in private email.

Dave O'H
dave.oheareATgmail.com