Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Where's my checkbook...?

Depending on state disclosure law that sounds like something he
could take a previous owner to court over.

The owner of the building paid for the repair. The
owner is not the original owner. I think the property
has changed hands a dozen times and the original owner
is long dead. Hell, dig him up and sue him.

TDD

Oh, as you didn't specify it was a rental situation I figured maybe the
restaurant operator had bought the place. It's good the owner paid for the
fix (as he should have), but the restaurant operator still lost a week's
revenue. If he's otherwise happy with the owner he probably doesn't want to
make an issue of that however. I suppose the current owner could go after
whichever previous owner had allowed the non-code sewer hookup, but he might
spend more on lawyers than it would be worth.