Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default New window sticker adhesive removal

On Oct 14, 9:56*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 14, 8:41*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:

We just installed some new windows to replace our 35 year old original
windows. *After installation I removed the stickers that were on the
glass. *They came off very easily and there was no adhesive left on
the glass.

I washed both sides of the window with Windex the location of the
sticker is still visible when the light hits the glass just right. I
can feel no film or adhesive but I can still see where the sticker
was.

How can I remove the "image" of the sticker?

G.S.

Lighter Fluid - Zippo or Rosonol - the kind used in flint lighters.

We use it to remove adhesive residue all the time. It'll soak right
right through most paper stickers and go right to the glue.

I know what he is talking about and it's not the sticky residue. I
used to install glass and even after removing the sticker with a razor
blade and glass cleaner you could still see where the sticker was at
in certain cases if the glass got wet. I don't recall seeing the
"ghost" image of a sticker because of the way the light hit it, as is
the OP's case, but rubbing alcohol always took care of the problem.