Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default Where's my checkbook...?

And you found someone that actually admits to knowing the construction codes
from 1942? My guess is it is against the current code, but probably wasn't
against the old code. Which, in most cases, unless the area he is actually
working on is involved, you should not need to bring it up to current code
unless there is a real safety concern.

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
Oh boy, there's plumbers under the house as I speak, with a jackhammer,
tearing up a collapsed vintage sewer line and replacing it. One of those
jobs where the final cost only goes up, never down. They just found a
66-year-old code violation, I wonder who I should complain to about that?
Think the city will apologize and cut me a check for failing to do the
original inspection properly? Har har har har. Ouch.