Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default New window sticker adhesive removal

I'd go soft to start with, to avoid having anything too harsh around your
new windows. Use something like Dawn dishwashing detergent 1st and see if
that cuts it. If not, work your way up, trying rubbing alcohol next, then
if all else fails go for the hard stuff like lacquer thinner or nail polish
remover.

"Gordon Shumway" wrote in message
We just installed some new windows to replace our 35 year old original
windows. After installation I removed the stickers that were on the
glass. They came off very easily and there was no adhesive left on
the glass.

I washed both sides of the window with Windex the location of the
sticker is still visible when the light hits the glass just right. I
can feel no film or adhesive but I can still see where the sticker
was.

How can I remove the "image" of the sticker?

G.S.