Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What glue to attach rigid insulation?

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
I have some steel hatches. They are painted. I plan to glue rigid
insulation to them. I would glue the foil side to the paint, so at least I
won't have to worry about the gluten dissolving the foam. But what glue? I
could use Liquid Nails. Cheaper and messier would be contact cement. The
foam is so lightweight that even when on the underside a super strong bond
isn't needed.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

I'd use construction adhesive (such as Liquid Nails). The urethane stuff
will hold anything, but you are really attaching foil to paint.