Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Non-metallic hot water cylinders

On Oct 14, 11:45 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

On Oct 14, 9:51 am, Bruce wrote:
Matty F wrote:
On Oct 14, 9:29 am, Bruce wrote:

If the large tank failed, would the house be on the route the 30
tonnes of water took, going down the hill?

It should miss OK, but the outside toilet is in the way and would get
a large flush. The tank is wooden with half inch diameter steel bands
around it. Been there for 60 years at least.

Having spent some of my career investigating structural failures, I
feel sure I would have chosen another location for those 30 tonnes of
water. Or for the house.

Here's an aerial view. I think the water will miss the building.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2n9955d.jpg

In any case it's on poles and any water would go underneath.
There is another toilet that we can use while rebuilding the one that
will get washed away.

And the occupant?

I imagine the occupant would get washed away too. But not to worry,
it's the ladies' toilet. I use the other one!