Posted to alt.home.repair
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default Paint with what?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 06:21:13 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

I got some Behr high-gloss latex enamel with which to paint some trim.

Using a Peavy brush, roller, or foam applicator all yield god-awful results.
Specifically, in the case of the two brushes, the paint looks like it was
applied with a fork. Using a roller, the result looks like an alligator
hide.

The application was on top of a Behr primer.

Any ideas on how to use this paint to yield an acceptable finish?

Thanks.

------
Failing expert advice, I'm gonna take a bit of trim with the aforementioned
application techniques back to the paint store and accuse them of selling an
anti-barnacle, boat-bottom treatment instead of paint.

You don't say what kind of brush - polyester or natural bristle. I
suspect you used a poly brush and you really need a bristle brush . If
not, the other way around.