Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default Ultra thin screwdriver

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Cydrome Leader wrote:
newshound wrote:

I wouldn't grind on a wheel at all, I would start with the nearest
oversize jewellers' screwdriver and grind by hand on a normal "chisel
sharpening" stone. (On the edge, if it is a good one, to avoid making a
hollow). Or these days on one of those diamond plates.

Or even a file.

I guess you can file drill rod. I'm not sure you could file a good
screwdriver, though. And poor screwdrivers, in my opinion, are not worth
having.

Chris

The best quality jewellers screwdrivers can be filed! You don't want a blade
that is very hard, just tough. they should be sharpened by filing cross
wise, as the tool marks help the blade "grip" the slot.

Steve R.