Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Center gauge

On 14 Oct 2008 04:01:29 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2008-10-13, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Oct 13, 1:13 am, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

snip
Theory for threads does not translate well into operation without gauging.
People that rely on compound movement for sizing threads are commonly known
for making scrap.

Or one-off projects? :-)

Please bear in mind, I'm speaking from the perspective of one that had to
satisfy independent, critical inspection. I also worked in places where
there
was no inspection, ever, and no scrap produced. Anything turned out was
assembled and shipped. sigh

Yep -- that can be a problem too.

Enjoy,
DoN.

When you're doing a one-off, you are gauging. By the only thing that
matters, the mating part.

Pete Keillor